Keeping Your Mattress Clean & Fresh

Dirty mattresses don’t only house dirt and grime. Dust mites are other unwanted guests in our beds. They are known to contribute to various health issues, including allergies and asthma. Knowing this brings you to the realization of why keeping your mattress clean is important for hygiene and health.

If you have pets that play or sleep in your bed, many harmful residue and microorganisms that are collected from outside can get into your mattress. In addition to these new visitors, your mattress is already a habitat for dust mites, which are tiny spider-like microscopic bugs that feed on dead skin flakes. They themselves aren’t harmful, but up to 30 percent of people are allergic to their waste products.
Continue reading

Carpet Cleaning and Drying After Water Damage

Do-it-Yourself Carpet Cleaning and Drying After Water Damage
Water and moisture is the enemy of carpets and should be taken care of immediately. If you notice the water damage in your carpet quickly enough, you’ll be able to take care of it yourself. In doing so, this will save you time and money.

If you don’t get rid of the moisture in your carpet quickly, it can lead to the growth of mold, mildew, and other microorganisms that can cause disgusting odors. Just 48 hours after a flood, mold and mildew will begin to grow on the affected areas, leading to possible health problems for occupants. In the end, it will leave your carpet looking and smelling horrible. Once your carpet is ruined by the growths and smells, you’ll need to replace it, costing you money that could have been saved if taken care of in a timely manner.
Continue reading

How to Clean-up Mold

Mold is extremely dangerous; a lot more than most people imagine. Not only does mold tend to damage a lot of the objects it comes into contact with, but it can actually damage health due to toxins that it possesses. For people that have mold present, the ideal scenario would be to locate the source and destroy it sooner rather than later.

Sometimes mold can be destroyed by anyone, but usually a professional should be called. Mold such as black mold can possess some extremely harmful toxins which should be avoided at all costs. Even if the mold does not, then a lot of the time it will damage the respiratory system because of it being damp.
Continue reading